What's in the Guide
by 401(K) 2013
Welcome to the Accounting Research Guide!
This research guide is targeted at Brock University students, faculty, and staff who are conducting research on accounting. It includes print sources, e-books, and databases available in our Library, as well as some useful websites. For more links, please see my bookmarks on delicious: http://delicious.com/brockbizlibrary.
The Accounting Research Guide contains the following pages:
New Books on Accounting
Cost control issues, Cost analysis and decision making, Cost management systems and Environmental cost management.
With chapters from an international team of contributors, this prestigious companion will prove an indispensible addition to any library with aspirations of keeping up-to-date with the world of accounting."
"The "whats," "whys," and "hows" of practical professional accounting, auditing, and tax research are discussed, with an emphasis on:
- The most effective methods to research
- How to apply a practical research methodology in a timely manner
- The generally accepted accounting principles, auditing standards, and tax authorities
- What constitutes substantial authoritative support
- The available sources of authority for accounting, auditing, and tax
- The databases available for finding relevant authorities or assisting in researching a particular problem
- The role of the Internet in the modern research process
- How to conduct research using databases, including RIA, CCH, AICPA's Online Library, FASB Codification, GARS, and eIFRS".
This book demystifies budgets and forecasts, providing simple explanations and clear examples. It includes integrated checklists, goals and milestones, to ensure you are on target to achieve the best results.
Part of The Financial Times Essential Guides series: Task-focused and results-orientated, the essential guides are for every manager who wants to move their skills beyond the ordinary to the best". (publisher)
Business & Economics Librarian
Office Location: 1133 Schmon Tower
Tel: 905-688-5550 ext.4650
Office Hours: (Fall 2013)
Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Accounting, Business, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Information Technology, Management, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Operations Management
Do you want to book an appointment? You can check my availability via my Google Calendar. Appointments are available for weekdays only (Monday - Friday)