What is the Bloomberg Professional Service?
The Bloomberg Professional Service is a research tool for financial professionals as well as business academics who require in depth and timely access to current business and company news, and financial and economic data.
How can I access the Bloomberg Professional Service at Brock University?
The Bloomberg Professional Service is now available in the following locations at the Brock University campus in St. Catharines:
- In the James A. Gibson Library. Access is restricted to current Brock University students, faculty, and staff (from any program).
- There are two Bloomberg terminals:
- One workstation in the Learning Commons has Bloomberg Professional installed on it and includes the Bloomberg keyboard. It is physically located on the wall around the corner from the Help Desk (just look for the dual monitor setup).
- One Library laptop has Bloomberg Professional installed on it.
- You can sign it out at the Circulation Desk for a four hour loan period. It comes with a Bloomberg Keyboard, which you can connect to the laptop with the attached USB connector. Remember to ask for The Bloomberg Laptop.
- Please note: a strong wireless connection is required. If you have problems connecting to Bloomberg, check your wireless connection by connecting to the Brock University Wireless network.
Access to the Bloomberg Professional Service in the Library including the database subscription and hardware, is available thanks to the generosity of the Goodman School of Business, Brock University.
Please note: Access to the Bloomberg Professional Service is restricted to faculty, staff, and currently registered undergraduate and graduate students of Brock University. It is not available to visitors with a temporary computer account.