Economic analysis & forecasts, articles, background info (dictionaries & encyclopedias), data & statistics, theses, working papers, writing and citing.
Last Updated: May 12, 2014
Welcome to the Economics Research Guide!
This research guide is targeted at Brock University students, faculty, and staff who are conducting research in economics, or who are interested in economic issues. It includes print sources, e-books, and databases available in our Library, as well as useful websites. For more links, please see my bookmarks on delicious: http://delicious.com/brockbizlibrary.
The Economics Research Guide contains the following pages:
- Articles: tips on the best databases to use to locate economics research published as journal articles. search strategies, and help with JEL codes.
- Books: tips on finding print and ebooks.
- Dictionaries & Encyclopedias: key reference sources in Economics and the Social Sciences.
- Data and Statistics: the best sources for Canadian and International statistical and microdata.
- Economic Analysis / Forecasts: Canadian & Global sources; Guides to understanding Economic indicators.
- Research Methods: selected books on research methodology and statistical analysis.
- Statistical Software
- Theses & dissertations: for help finding fulltext online copies of theses and dissertations; Major Research Paper (MRP) Template.
- Working Papers: the best sources for finding fulltext working papers on Economics.
- Writing: sources and tips on writing in Economics including your Literature Review.
- Finding Publishing Opportunities: Cabell's and Ulrich's directories, Calls for Papers, and other useful sources to help you present your research and/or publish your journal article.
- Citing: help citing sources in AEA style.
- ECON1P92 - tips on finding and charting CANSIM data
EconoMonitor is a Roubini Global Economics project.
Linda Domier Lowry
On Sabbatical Leave from July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
905-688-5550 ext 5281
Contact Information for Heather Whipple (Data Librarian)
Tel: 905.688.5550 x4880
Office Location: Schmon Tower 1129
Data & Statistics
- Last Updated Jul 14, 2014
Sources and support for finding and using numerical, spatial, and statistical data.
1,004 views this year