Appreciate the close to 600 databases available to our users
Recognize the importance of subject-specific, reference, specialty, news and full-text databases
Can effectively use Google Scholar and Google Books
Feel confident assisting patrons with citation questions
Knowledgeable about citation management software e.g. Zotero and related tools
Can find and use reference resources e.g. dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks
Can effectively use Oxford Reference
Understand the importance of plagiarism and help with the writing process
Learn from each other providing assistance at the Ask Us Desk
1. Identify using any number of databases the top "five" resources you think would help an undergraduate student on "Niagara Falls daredevils and stuntman..."
2. Use Lexis/Nexis and/or Factiva to find one article on "Niagara Falls" and tourism, cite in APA format...
3. Use Oxford Reference to find the best reference source for "Preraphalites" as a visual art term...
4. Fill out the feedback form.
1. Download Zotero Standalone (or get Library ITS to help) onto your computer desktop using the Library's Software Centre. Compile a bibliography in APA format using Zotero that includes essential books, theses/dissertations, and news on...
2. Create a WorldCat account, Compose a bibliography of books on a topic of choice - annotating ones we have in our library.